My blogging took the back burner during my pregnancy and first 6 months of motherhood, so I will be playing a lot of catch up in the next few posts…
I never wanted my pregnancy to prevent us from enjoying one of our favorite activities: going out for dinner. But I quickly learned that most menus don’t cater to pregnant women (especially farm-to-fork).
Here are some tips and tricks for ordering at restaurants while preggo:
- Ask for a mocktail, even if it’s not on the menu; most bartenders will happily create something special, and seasonally inspired, for you
- If they carry soft cheeses, ask if they’re pasteurized because in many cases they are (Humboldt Fog is one of my favorites for this reason!)
- If you see a dish that’s normally served raw or rare, ask if they can cook it thoroughly or leave it out (like scrambled eggs instead of runny)
- At the deli, ask if they can heat up the sandwich (this was one of my biggest cravings, along with fruit)
- At the end of a meal when everyone else is a couple of wine glasses deep, treat yourself to dessert 😉