We spent a relaxing 4th of July weekend in Bodega Bay, and the only hard work was spent toiling away in the kitchen. Here’s a recap of the decadent (but recession-friendly!) menu – along with some local flavor:
- Friday: We ate our way around Tomales Bay and Pt. Reyes, sampling oysters, Cowgirl Creamery, and Marimar Winery
- Friday night dinner: Johnnie & Melinda made cheeseburgers, barbecued white corn and homemade French fries
- Saturday morning breakfast: Tim & Laura made lemon-poppy seed waffles with fresh fruit and blueberry compote (topped off by mimosas with real Champagne from France)
- Saturday afternooon: Cheese and more cheese! We took a hike to the beach, so it balanced out. 😉
- Saturday night: David & I made tri-tip, mashed potatoes, sauteed vegetables, and Tina made a delicious salad
- Sunday we stopped at Wild Flour Bakery in Freestone – amazing bread, lattes and apricot scones!
Add to: Facebook | Digg | Del.icio.us | Stumbleupon | Reddit | Blinklist | Twitter | Technorati | Yahoo Buzz | Newsvine